Submitting your Travel Expense Claim (for reimbursement)

  • You would have received the Travel Expense Claim form when your trip was approved.  If you cannot find that form, contact Purchasing.
  • On that form, indicate all the expenses you paid yourself.

Here are some tips:

  • For Hotel: you can submit the total cost on the last day of your trip
  • CalCard Paid Items: If your registration or hotel or other items were paid using the District CalCard or paid by Accounting, you do not list it on the form.
  • Advances: If you received an advance, you do list the amount under the "Less: Prepayments/Advance" and subtract from the total of your Claim.
  • Mileage Reimbursement is 65.5 cents per mile.

Other Considerations:

  • If you spent more than was authorized, the Vice President will review for further approval
  • If you received more in Advance than was spent, contact Purchasing.


Sample Travel Expense Form

Travel Expense Form

Where to send it

Bring your completed form along with receipts for expenses (no receipts needed for meals) to Faculty Support (Heidi Miranda, Kate Lucas) in Petaluma.