Absence Reporting Hotline
(Faculty & Staff)
Accessibility of online materials document HERE
Access the calendar HERE
Admissions & Records Updates
Admissions & Records Forms for Students, Staff and Faculty:
- Drop/withdraw after deadline: Students must petition using this online form. No documentation is necessary (students should write due to COVID-19 in statement if appropriate). Students may request a refund/reversal of fees on the Drop petition form. We will continue to take petitions till the end of the semester. Complete the petition form.
Students receiving financial aid should consult with the financial aid office to understand implications to their student aid before dropping a course. We highly recommend that students contact their Counselor before dropping classes.
- P/NP Reversal option: Students can switch to P/NP in their student portal now until the end of the semester only. Please encourage students to talk to a counselor before opting to switch to P/NP, since it will not necessarily be the best option for all students.
PLEASE NOTE – At this time, the Pass/No Pass reversal option is only available for courses that were already set to provide both P/NP and letter grades for this term. Academic Affairs will be working with our faculty leadership on the process to extend the P/NP option to more courses across the district. We will update you once we have more information.
- Incomplete forms: Incomplete forms are available if faculty wish to give students an Incomplete grade - faculty should fill out for the student, sign, enter default grade and missing work and submit to Debbie Riedmuller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students normally have one year to complete work – faculty can choose to write in a shorter deadline.
Available for spring 2020 only - faculty may give their full roster an Incomplete grade. This will be available when you submit your final grades, an “I” will be one of the grades. In all cases, A&R will need to know the default grade at the time of grade submission and if the deadline to complete work is shorter than one year.
As the situation continues to evolve, you can visit our A&R online services website at https://admissions.santarosa.edu/online-services.
For Summer/Fall 2020 registration information, see "Registration"
Adobe Creative Cloud Free Access
Create an Adobe ID Instructions HERE
Bookstore Returns and Information
Covid FAQs found HERE
FAQs supporting Remote Learning HERE
SRJC Policies can be found HERE
Currently allowed with supervisor approval. Call District Police dispatch when you arrive and leave. Please disinfect your area upon exit. Campus Gate hours are 8am-5pm
Business Services is still processing Cal Card statements.Procurement card procedures still apply.
- For Petaluma, please scan and email the report and receipts to Kate Lucas.
Access the log-in page HERE
Contacts – SRJC Petaluma
Find Administration contact information HERE
Access SRJC updates HERE
For resources visit their webpage HERE
Custodial will not hold regular hours during the shelter in place. They will be under the direction of the Custodial Manager, on an as-needed basis. Kate Lucas will be monitoring the Facility Operations/Custodial line (707-778-3976) and email (email@example.com) remotely.
Drop/Withdraw from a class after the deadline
Petitions can be found HERE
- District Police will be operating as usual, please contact Dispatch at 527-1000 for any urgent needs.
Electronic access key requests can now be done electronically. Please fill out the form and have the approver email to Tim Danford.
Email (Outlook web app)
Access the log-in page HERE
Expense Claim (after Travel)
- Submit to electronically to Heidi Miranda in Faculty Support during remote working conditions.
- Forms can be found HERE
Can be accessed through Horizon VMware HERE. Electronic signatures are accepted during remote working conditions (i.e., scanned signatures on uploaded documents).
- For emergencies, contact District Police at 527-1000.
- Facility Operations will not hold regular hours during the shelter in place. They will be under the direction of the Director of Facility Operations, on an as-needed basis. Kate Lucas will be remotely monitoring the Facility Operations line (707-778-3976) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Faculty Portal access HERE
The Disability Resources Department recognizes that all faculty have worked incredibly hard to create their courses in the modified learning environment, and we are here to support you in any way that we can. In an effort to support faculty, we have gathered together some useful tools, meant only as an additional resource that may be helpful.
- Our Specialists are available for students via phone and zoom appointments, and we encourage you to refer students who might benefit from our services and support. We are also available to support Faculty in their work with students.
For general questions, email@example.com.
For more specific questions, contact info here
- Several documents related to the differing types of instruction that will be utilized during the coming time can be found on the “Faculty Resources for the Remote Learning Environment” banner of the Disability resources Department webpage. We’ve included a document outlining Alternative Assessment Formats. Take a look and let us know your creative solutions for assessing students, and we will add them to the list.
- We also have included The Disability Resources Department's Universal Design for Learning Toolkit, which has a variety of ideas and resources for maximizing access to curriculum offered both in face to face and online environments. including:
- Information about Universal Design for Learning and its underlying principles
- Embedding choice in curriculum to maximize access and demonstration of content mastery
- Rubrics for grading student participation in online environments
- Apps for supporting online learning
- Online accessibility resources
- Teaching email etiquette to students
Another place you can find helpful information is on the Remote Resources webpage, under 'Faculty’. This page has several informational items that will support you in the remote learning environment, and ways to get assistance, if desired, in creating accessible document and captioning videos. And finally we have shared a tip for providing Transcripts of ZOOM meetings.
Both Kate Lucas and Heidi Miranda are monitoring emails remotely (Guser89@santarosa.edu). The faculty absence line has been forwarded to Heidi Miranda (707-778-2456).
FACULTY WORKROOM (PETALUMA)
- The faculty workroom is accessible as usual.
- Please use the sanitizing supplies to sanitize before and after accessing the area.
- Mail will be distributed on Tuesdays and Fridays. Interoffice mail and outgoing USPS mail can be left in the designated locations in PC 631.
Urgent faculty copy requests can be emailed to faculty support and print jobs will be done on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am – 11am.
FAQs for Faculty
FAQs for Employees
FAQs for Students
Finance & Administrative Services Operations
Remote Operations information can be found HERE
Finance & Administrative Services Website
Certificated Hours reporting template HERE
- SRJC Petaluma: Now distributed at the Fairgrounds. Every 2nd and 4th Friday from 9-10 am. This is a drive-through service.
- SRJC Santa Rosa Campus, Burbank Circle. Every 2nd and 4th Thursday 9am-10:30am.(updated 3/27/20)
Horizon VMWare (working from home)
Using Horizon you can access the following:
- Student Information System (SIS)
- District Phone Self Care Portal
- Your X Drive
This link - https://it.santarosa.edu/blog/getting-started-horizon - will take you to a webpage that describes how to get started using Horizon.
Please use Horizon only when needed. We are working quickly to increase our capacity, but your help in this area will ensure adequate performance for everyone.
Starting Monday, we will have dedicated IT personnel ready to answer technical questions about remote access. This coming week, the Help Desk will be simultaneously answering remote access questions and preparing loaner laptops for remote work – so PLEASE try the information on the IT Webpage first, before engaging the Help Desk.
The IT Help Desk can be reached at (707) 524-1765, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can create a Horizon-related ticket at https://support.santarosa.edu/WorkOrder.do?reqTemplate=12002&requestServiceId=305
For the next 60 days (starting March 16) , AT&T will not terminate service for any wireless, home phone, or broadband residential or small bus customer due to inability to pay. They will also do the following:
- Waive late payment fees.
- Keep their public Wi-Fi hotspots open for anyone.
- The service will also be offering unlimited internet data and offer internet access for limited income households at $10 a month through the Access from AT&T program.
For more details, click HERE.
Offering the Xfinity WiFi network for free along with providing unlimited data. To help people stay connected with school and work, Comcast is opening up their Xfinity WiFi network for everyone, as well as: Hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free, including non-subscribers. You can find a map of hot spots here. Use the “xfinitywifi” hotspot to connect.
- Will not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay bills due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus.
- Waiving late fees for those impacted by COVID-19
- Tripling data allowance for Verizon Innovative Learning schools
For more information, click HERE.
Charter Spectrum Free WiFi
As of March 16, the company will offer:
- Free spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 or college students who don't have a Spectrum broadband subscription. Call 1-844-488-8395 to enroll. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Open WiFi hotspots
For more information, click HERE.
- Offering three months of free internet and unlimited nationwide telephone service to households with k-12, college students, or senior citizens 60 or older.
For more information, click HERE
Sprint has joined the Keep Americans Connected Pledge and is opening up their network to their customers and:
- Won’t terminate service if customers are unable to pay due to coronavirus issues
- Waive late fees caused by economic disturbances related to the coronavirus pandemic
- By 3/17: Customers with international long-distance plans will get complimentary international calling rates from the U.S. to countries defined by the CDC as Level 3.
- By 3/19: Customers with metered data plans will have unlimited data per month for 60 days at no extra cost
- Customers will get an extra 20GB of mobile hotspot data per month for 60 days.
- Coming soon: Customers with mobile hotspot-capable handsets without a hotspot will get 20GB per month for 60 days at no extra cost.
For more information, click HERE.
The wireless provider already has a majority of customers with unlimited talk, text, and data, but they’re doubling down on their effort to keep their customers connected.
- All current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have data plans will have unlimited smartphone data, excluding roaming.
- T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers will get an additional 20GB of mobile hotspots/tethering service for the next 60 days. The company says this feature will be coming soon.
- Work with Lifeline partners to get customers extra free data up to 5GB per month over the next two months
- Increase data allowance for free to schools and students for the next 60 days, which means at least 20GB of data per month for each participant
For more information, click HERE.
- All invoices received by Accounting will be scanned and emailed to the appropriate manager and administrative assistant for approval as needed. The manager will forward back to Accounting giving approval for payment.
- If you have an invoice in your possession that has already been approved, please scan and email to Nicole O’Brien (or Guadalupe Cabrera-Mendia for Measure H).
- If an invoice in your possession has not been approved, please scan and email to your supervisor, who should then forward the email to Nicole O’Brien (or Guadalupe Cabrera-Mendia for Measure H) giving approval for payment.
- For Petaluma, please cc Heidi Miranda on all invoice approvals.
Key/Access Card Request
Contact Heidi Miranda at email@example.com
- Consult your librarian liaison. Each campus has librarians assigned to work with specific instructional departments. We strongly encourage you to contact your liaison, as you may be surprised to learn we are able to deliver virtually all of our services and resources to you and your students as we would under regular circumstances. See our list of librarian liaisons here.
- Check out our new SRJC Libraries Remote Services Guide for answers to many of your questions, and directions on how to ask about anything we haven't covered in the guide itself. Access our Remote Services guide here. This guide includes information about the following topics:
- Library Updates
- Library Support for Students and Faculty
- Textbooks on Reserve
- Finding Online Textbooks
- Scanning Your Textbooks Using Apps
- Overdue SRJC Materials and Late Fines
- Interlibrary Loan
- Internet Access Options
- Troubleshooting Off-Campus Access
- What we currently can not do while the shelter-in-place order exists:
- Access physical copies of textbooks on Reserve in either building, however, we may be able to locate an online copy of your textbook (see the Libraries Remote Services guide)
- Provide InterLibrary loan for physical books (ILL for articles online still possible!)
- Provide access to other items physically located in our buildings
The SRJC Libraries website is constantly updated to reflect the current situation. Please do visit it for learning support! Access the Library website here.
Planned for October 17, 2020 (Status CANCELLED)
Laptops: SRJC Staff Check-Out
Faculty should complete the faculty technology survey from AFA or contact their Dept Chair.
Laptop Loan Program for Students
For instructions on how to request a laptop click here. All students will be notified through email when the application process is open and how to apply.
Interoffice Mail, USPS Mail and UPS will continue to deliver. Art Jahnsen and Heidi Miranda will work limited hours to distribute mail 2-3 times per week.
SANTA ROSA MAILROOM
- The mail room will be operational during the closure, although staffing will be limited to the hours of 10 AM – 2 PM.
- Incoming mail will be distributed daily and outgoing mail will be picked up by USPS the following morning.
- Outgoing mail can be dropped off between 9AM – 4PM in the newly installed mailbox outside the Police Department doors at Pedroncelli.
- For Federal Express, large mailings or to arrange mail pickup, please contact Marie Fischer at 521-6931.
- We will be limiting access to one person at a time.
- Please contact Linda Close for any urgent needs or questions.
Mental Health Appointments online
Mental Health appointments are available FREE for all current students. To set up a new appointment please call (707) 527-4445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org between 8am - 5pm Monday - Thursday or 8:00am - 12:30pm on Fridays. Student Health Services is also available for Zoom appointments with a nurse practitioner to address any physical health concerns.
Media Services (Petaluma)
Media Services is working from home to support your presentation and Zoom needs. They are available via a www.support.santarosa.edu ticket, email and via our staff desk phone lines are forwarded to their cell phones. If you would like to request any equipment resources at this time please make the request through your department chair or dean.
Microsoft Free Bear Cub Office365 for Students
Any student who is currently enrolled at SRJC is eligible to sign up for a free Bear Cub Office365 account, which will provide access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other
Microsoft tools. For instructions on how to sign up, please visit this link.
Scan copy of Mileage Form for Employee Payments to Heidi Miranda at email@example.com
NetTutor Support for Students
Information found HERE
If you’re using Canvas, then you can add a link to NetTutor in your courses:
Open your Canvas Course
Click “Settings” (Left menu, at the bottom)
Click “Navigation” (Top Menu)
Scroll down and look for “NetTutor”
You’ll see three vertical dots to the right of NetTutor.
Click the three dots
Click “Save” at the bottom
NetTutor should appear in the Left Navigation bar of your class.
Online Writing Center
We are pleased to announce that our online Writing Center is launching! If you've assigned essays, then please invite your students to signup for conferences with us: https://english.santarosa.edu/writing-center
Payroll will be operating remotely. All timesheets/Schedule Change Forms/PAF’s should be forwarded electronically or, alternatively, templates may be used. See instructions and attached templates. Please contact Deepa Desai for any urgent needs or questions.
Instructions for Certificated Timesheets
Certificated (pertains to Certificated Employees who have a PAF and submit yellow timesheets) are due by 5:00 pm on May 21st. The appropriate Dean, Department Chair, or Manager that normally approves the timesheets should forward the template to Payroll. Employees should submit data to their departments. One template per department with all individuals should be submitted to payroll by the approver of the hours.
Instructions for STNC/Professional Expert Timesheets
STNC/Professional Experts templates are due by 5:00 pm on May 11th. Please forward hours to the appropriate supervisor or designated person from the department so that they can complete a master template for all employees in the department. The appropriate Administrator who normally approves the timesheets should forward the template to Payroll. For STNC employees, please include the total number of days worked in the pay period.
- STNC or Professional Expert Template should be e-mailed to Michelle Michalski and Deepa Desai (with a cc to Heidi Miranda for Petaluma) by the Supervisor listed on the Template indicating Approved in the email body
Instructions for Student Timesheets
- Student templates are due to Payroll by 5:00 pm on May 11th. The approver who normally approves the timesheets should forward the template to Payroll. Individuals should submit their hours to their supervisors.
- Student Template should be e-mailed to Michelle Michalski and Deepa Desai (with a cc to Heidi Miranda for Petaluma) by the Supervisor listed on the Template indicating Approved in the email body
Instructions for Community Education Timesheets
- Community Education templates are due by 5:00 pm on May 21st. The appropriate Dean, Department Chair, or Manager that normally approves the timesheets should forward the template to Payroll. Please make sure you cc: Heidi Miranda on all time sheet submissions for the Petaluma Campus.
PRPP – Program/Resource Planning Process
Summer registration will continue as planned starting Monday, May 4th and Fall registration will follow on Monday, June 8th. All priority group orders remain the same
- How to forward your phone Instructions HERE
- IT Information HERE
PR/Publicity to Petaluma Students
Need something publicized to SRJC Petaluma students? Send e-mail to Amanda Morrison and the Petaluma Our House Team:Interculturalcenterfirstname.lastname@example.org
Remote/Working from Home Resources
Information found HERE
Security Information HERE
Employee Reimbursement form processed by Heidi Miranda. Scan request and copy of receipts to email@example.com
Registration – Priority
Priority registration information HERE
The Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes will be online beginning May 22. Registration for Fall 2020 classes will begin on June 8. The deadline to talk to an SRJC Counselor to create a Summer/Fall 2020 ed plan and get Early Bird Priority 3 status has been extended to May 28.Make an appointment online or give Counseling a call at (707) 527-4451 or (707) 778-3914.
Schedule of Classes
Schedule of classes found HERE
All scheduling questions should be directed to Janet Stribling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonoma County Emergency and Preparedness Information HERE
Sonoma County 2-1-1 Information HERE
SRJC Crisis Response Fund
Makes funding available to students who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus situation in our community. The fund will allow for immediate access and flexibility to support a variety of basic needs to help our students pay rent and bills, provide food, and support their families as they go without work and important services Students who would like to learn more about the fund eligibility criteria can contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
SRJC Remote Resources
For Students, Instructors and Staff found HERE
Student Research Conference
Scheduled for May 2020. Status:Cancelled.
Student Employee/STNC Shelter in Place Update
All student and STNC employees will continue to work and get paid through the end of the Spring semester – May 23, 2020.
Update found HERE
Student Health Services Coronavirus webpage
Information available HERE
Student Success Team Petaluma Online Services
During Business Hours: Text: 833-419-0362, Phone: 707-778-3616
Post a question: Benefit from the community of experts who use the MySRJCApp. When posting a technology specific question, visit the Technology Quick Links, and Student Technology Help page.
Visit the Welcome & Connect Center homepage
Students who meet with a coach set goals and learn strategies for a successful semester. In this time of remote instruction and delivery of student services, the Student Success Coaches can support your students in the following ways:
- We Will Contact Your Students! Refer Students in Need of Support
The Student Success Team Peer Coaches and staff can help!
- Connect with the Team
To connect with the Student Success Team you can take one of the following steps:
Telecommuting Guidelines for Classified Professionals
Travel Expense Claims
Additional information can be found HERE
Travel Restrictions (current)
Transfer Center Information
Real-Time Updated Information Page
All UPS/Fedex and other delivery should be directed to Warehouse, Building 900, shipping & receiving, Art processes and distributes parcels. See “Warehouse” for more information.
We The Future Social Justice Conference
Originally scheduled for Friday, April 17, 2020. Rescheduled to Friday, September 18, 2020.
- The warehouse will be operational and accepting deliveries in both Santa Rosa (M-Th 8:00-12:00 and as needed for specific deliveries) and Petaluma (M/T/Th 10:00-2:00 and by appt).
- If you are expecting a delivery and want it delivered to your department, please contact Solomon Ghebretensae and Landis Beck in Santa Rosa or Art Jahnsen in Petaluma. Otherwise, we will store them in the warehouse until we resume face-to-face operations.
Working from Home
Resources from SRJC IT Department HERE
Writing Support and NetTutor Support for Students
Information found HERE
Zoom (for remote meetings)
- Log in to your Zoom account HERE
- Get Zoom etiquette tips HERE
- Need a full professional account (everyone does!). Contact Nate Musser at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact CCCTechConnect at email@example.com.Allow 24-36 hours for processing.
- Visit Media Services Zoom Resource Page